The other day I found The Bold Life, a blog by Tess Marshall which she describes as “a delicious and juicy mix of inspiration, spirituality, and personal development.” On one of her latest posts she writes, “It’s very important to notice what’s right about the world. Let’s talk about that, build upon it, grow it. Make a big freakin’ deal about it!” And then goes on to list 52 things that are right with the world to get the positivity started and challenges others to do the same. So here I am, taking on the challenge and sharing it with all of you in hopes that you will continue the chain of positivity. We liked the idea so much that “what’s right with the world” will become a regular feature. Here’s the first of many.
What’s right with the world:
- Rachel’s 9th birthday wish has now raised well over 1 million dollars.
- 7 year old donates 2 years of piggy bank savings to The Nature Conservancy.
- Biggest bikeshare system in the world.
- I’m Gonna Be Your Friend: Bob Marley and the Wailers’ download for East Africa to raise awareness and much needed funds for the desperate situation in East Africa where millions of lives are threatened by starvation and lack of water.
- Americans spent over 8 billion hours volunteering last year.
- Pain free bandage remover invented by 8 year old.
- He’s a solar pioneer, and barely a teen.
- Six year old girl forgives shark that bit her.
- Free public bicycle pumps installed in London.
- Lost Dr. Seuss stories to be published in September.
- Number of farmers markets is up 17% from last year.
Please feel free to comment and send us your suggestions for this feature.