Paulo Coelho is best known for his novel, The Alchemist which has sold over 80 million copies worldwide making it one of the best selling books in history. It is defintely one of my all time favorite books. One that I find myself re-reading every year or two. What is so amazing about The Alchemist is that each time I read it, it speaks to me a little differently depending on whats going on in my life. Paulo Coelho’s books explores the most fundamental of human experiences and relationships.
Choosing my favorite Paulo Coelho quotes was not an easy task. There are literally hundreds that are more than worthy of being included on this list. I decided to choose the ones that have the most meaning to me right now in my life. Paulo Coelho quotes are filled with great advice, wisdom and life lessons to help guide you through the obstacles, and challenges of everyday life.
I hope you find as much meaning in these Paulo Coelho quotes as I do.
- When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it. – The Alchemist
- You drown not by falling into a river, but by staying submerged in it.
- There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure. – The Alchemist
- We are not the person other people wish we were. We are who we decide to be.
- If you must say yes, say it with an open heart. If you must say no, say it without fear.
- It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting. – The Alchemist
- When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too. – The Alchemist
- The secret of life, though, is to fall seven times and to get up eight times. – The Alchemist
- When someone leaves, it’s because someone else is about to arrive. – The Zahir
- Remember that wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure. – The Alchemist
- Nothing in the world is ever completely wrong. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. – Brida
- When you repeat a mistake, it is not a mistake anymore: it is a decision. – The winner stands alone
- Don’t waste your time with explanations: people only hear what they want to hear.
- You are not defeated when you lose. You are defeated when you quit.
- Life has a way of testing a person’s will, either by having nothing happen at all or by having everything happen at once. – The winner stands alone
- One day you will wake up and there won’t be any more time to do the things you’ve always wanted. Do it now. – The Zahir
- If you want to be successful, you must respect one rule – Never lie to yourself.
- When each day is the same as the next, it’s because people fail to recognize the good things that happen in their lives every day that the sun rises. – The Alchemist
- How much I missed, simply because I was afraid of missing it. – Brida
- Life is too short, or too long, for me to allow myself the luxury of living it so badly.
- It is said that the darkest hour of the night comes just before the dawn.
Also check out some of our favorite Paulo Coelho books.